We are Ballymore
Ballymore is an independently-minded property developer with a multi award-winning
portfolio of some of Europe’s largest urban development projects.
As the scale and ambition of our work grows, we never forget the importance of working to
the highest standards on every individual element of every development, creating places in
which people, business, culture and society can thrive.
We’re powered by our people - it’s what makes Ballymore, Ballymore. This ethos is only
possible because of our people, who work as one team to constantly and consistently deliver
developments to which we are proud to put our name.
About the role
Role: Facilities Manager Department: Facilities & Infrastructure
Reporting to: Portfolio Facilities Manager Location of work: Cluster (HPV, WHS & WL)
Hours of work: 40 per week, Mon to Fri Contract: Permanent
Duties & Responsibilities
• Day to day management of facilities and hard services local to the development and in
accordance with the framework of systems centrally defined by the Facilities Department.
• Local management and coordination of contractors, consultants and service partners on site
in line with the centrally defined contract mechanisms.
• Local management and auditing of infrastructure and building services including fire and
security systems, water hygiene, vertical transport, utilities and critical plant.
• Monitor health, safety & compliance activities across the estate in accordance with the BAML
Health and Safety Strategy.
• To assist in the mobilisation, delivery and coordination of project works on site.
• To lead on the processing, tracking and resolution of insurance claims.
• To provide facilities-related advice and support to the estate management team.
• To maintain clear reporting to the central Facilities department ensuring visibility of local
infrastructure status and immediately escalate issues for further support as required.
• To be a part of the Residential Estates Team maintaining the culture, policies, company rules
and ensuring the highest quality management is provided on behalf of Ballymore Group at all
Building & Infrastructure Management
• Lead on the local maintenance of the building infrastructure including structure, building
envelope, internal fabric and mechanical & electrical services in accordance with the
framework defined by the Facilities department.
• Maintain the required inspection, auditing, record keeping and document control activities
associated with the above.
• To act as the point of contact for locally delivered FM activities including action of
recommendations arising from fire risk assessments, water hygiene risk assessments, health
& safety audits and other external inspections.
• Provide advice, support, monitoring and instruction for the estate management team
members in their discharge of facilities-related activities including, but not limited to, fire
alarm testing, fire door inspections operation of M&E systems (CCTV, BMS, access control
etc), communication with customers, contractor call-outs, compilation of SOPs and shift
• Ensure that all Duty Manager, Security, Housekeeping and other soft services staff are
sufficiently trained and familiar with building infrastructure and hard services at the level
required to discharge their duties.
• Ensure local arrangements and critical spares are in place to deal with unplanned
interruptions to essential building services.
• Ensure the swift identification and rectification of day-to-day maintenance activities including
re-lamping of light fittings and minor repairs.
• Ensure that insurance claims are appropriately addressed, rectified and tracked in
accordance with the procedures in place with the underwriters and loss adjusters.
• Follow up on out-of-hours reports to ensure that actions are closed out appropriately.
• Provide regular reports to the Head of Facilities related to the status the local facilities and
any associated risks.
• To promptly escalate matters to the central Facilities department for advice, support and
instruction as required.
• To lead on the local management of contractors and service partners operating on the
development and ensure that they receive the support and information required to discharge
• Provide formal feedback on each contractor to the Contract and Compliance Manager
including service level agreements and key performance indicators on a monthly basis (and
more frequently as required).
• Feedback to the Contract and Compliance Manager on the status of works so to confirm that
contractual payments can be made as applicable.
• Establish communication pathways with the incumbent contractors in order to promptly
address any issues arising and obtain contemporaneous updates.
• Review and audit documentation relating to contract works discharged including engineers’
reports, certification and O&M Manuals as applicable. Ensure that documentation is available
to demonstrate statutory and contract compliance.
• Attend regular reactive works meetings with resident contractors / Site Supervisor as
required to review ongoing and planned works.
• Assist in the review of dilapidation reports and quoted works.
• To implement and control procedures for safe systems of work including a Permit to Work
system, lone working procedure, access to restricted areas etc.
• Contribute to contract specifications for the central tendering and procurement of FM
services as requested by the Contracts and Compliance Manager, Senior Facilities Manager
and Head of Facilities Services.
• Assist in the local mobilisation and set-up of new contracts as required.
Health, Safety, Welfare & Compliance
• Monitor health, safety & compliance activities across the development in accordance with
the BAML Health and Safety Strategy and associated procedures.
• Increase H&S awareness and promote a positive H&S culture throughout the local
management team including the delivery of tool-box talks.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of H&S management systems and compliance
standards across the estate.
• Attend regular meetings of the H&S committee and liaise with estate management staff on
• Ensure the Accident, Incident and Near Miss Reporting Procedure is followed locally and
lead on the initial, first-stage investigation of incidents as required.
• Review and maintain up-to-date Standard Operating Procedures relative to facilities
management activities on site, using standardised templates
• Proactively review competency levels and training requirements of estate management
• Liaise with regulatory authorities as required including HSE, local authorities, Environment
Agency and LFB.
• Implement local procedures for the management of significant risks including those related
to fire, asbestos, water hygiene and pool plant.
• Carry out regular inspections and H&S audits across the estate and action findings
• Assist in the organization and coordination of fire evacuation drills and testing of emergency
Energy & Utilities
• Carry out regular readings of utility meters and provide data to the Facilities department for
central tracking and analysis.
• Maintain accurate local schedules related to supplies, meters and points of isolation.
• Contribute to initiatives relating to energy efficiency and sustainability.
• Be familiar with the operation of the on-site BMS system and feedback data to the Facilities
department as required.
• Support and assist in the delivery of project works throughout the estate including
refurbishments, major works, building improvements and CapEx.
• Provide input on data collection exercises feeding into project specification including local
finishes and condition of building elements.
• Review O&M and handover documentation related to the above ensuring that day-to-day
estate operations are adapted as required.
• Provide regular reports to the Facilities department and senior management team as
• Liaise with Property Managers and Estate Management teams on FM functions ensuring that
good lines of communication are maintained.
• Keep up to date with new legislation and industry best practice relating to facilities
• Seek to identify areas where customer service can be improved, liaising with other
departments to ensure service standards are met every time.
• Actively participate in facilities management meetings and training/development exercises.
• Liaise with colleagues and report as necessary to Contracts and Compliance Manager,
Senior Facilities Manager and Head of Facilities on matters relating to standards of facilities
• Actively promote the company, be positive about the culture and working methods with
colleagues and clients.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
• Educated to NVQ level 4 in Facilities Management, Building
Services, Estate Management or a related discipline.
• To hold membership of a relevant professional body
including BIFM, CIBSE, RICS or IOSH.
• To hold, or be working towards, a NEBOSH or IOSH
accredited qualification in Health & Safety.
• Experience working in facilities or estate management for a
minimum of 3 years (Essential)
• Solid experience in the management of external suppliers,
contactors and consultants covering a range of services
• Experience of the management and coordination of health,
safety and welfare (Essential)
• Familiarity with facilities documentation including O&M
manuals, drawings, engineer reports, compliance certificates
and PPM planners (Essential)
• Experience working in a project environment and the
handover of new schemes (Desirable)
• Experience working alongside multiple soft services trades
and disciplines in including Security, Valet, Concierge and
• Be polite and courteous at all times to colleagues and clients
• Communicate verbally in a clear, concise and business-like
• Make sure all written communication is presented in a
professional manner ensuring grammar, spelling and format
is appropriate for the recipient and purpose.
• Ensure problems that arise are dealt with and solutions
found to ensure delivery to clients.
• Demonstrate ability to make decisions both independently
and collectively, having first evaluated all options. Support
decisions with factual information.
• Assess own performance and attributes, actively seeking
support to meet development needs and demonstrate an
awareness of impact on others.
• Ability to manage change.
Due to the nature of our business this is a developing job
description and additions or changes will be made as and
when the need arises, with full consultation beforehand
There are many benefits and
discounts available to Ballymore
- Company Pension
- Group Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eyecare Voucher
- Employee Assistance
- Discounted gym
*Please note some of the above are available on successful completion of