We are currently working with the NHS who are looking to appoint an ongoing Maintenance Assistant to work at a number of sites across Leeds. This is an ongoing temporary position working full time with overtime available evenings and weekends.
On call payments are also made for sessions spent covering the on call service.
Maintenance Assistant Core Responsibilities Include:
- To work across trades as necessary, actively taking on board new skills and participating in training to improve efficiency within the Estates Department
- To diagnose complex faults and undertake repairs and maintenance work as required on a wide range of plant and equipment
- To clear daily work requisitions and Planned Preventative Maintenance sheets efficiently with minimum hindrance to Staff and Patients across all properties owned or leased by the Trust
- To carry out routine tests/inspections and monitor building services installations and equipment before completing any relevant service and inspection reports, and where necessary, safety notices and compliance certification etc
- To transport equipment and tools to remote sites at short notice
The ideal Maintenance Assistant will have previous building maintenance experience and ideally hold a plumbing qualification at some level. As the role involves travel amongst sites ad is within the healthcare sector the successful applicant requires a driving license and an Enhanced DBS certificate dated within the last 12 months to be eligible for this position.
For this the client are offering their Maintenance Assistant an hourly rate of £11.76 per hour plus overtime rates up to £18.82 per hour.