Our client a company who provide workspace are currently looking for a Property Service Facilities Manager to manage the facilities of their site in South East London, SE11
Job purpose of the Property Service Facilities Manager:
The Facilities Manager supports the Centre Manager, who is responsible for the day-to-day management. The Facilities Manager will be expected to contribute to the running of the centre as a whole, you will play an important role supporting the Centre Manager in servicing the conference users and office tenants. You will work closely with the other members of the team who are collectively responsible for providing professional, safe and appropriate space and facilities for the centre’s users. The Facilities Manager will also work with colleagues based in the company’s Head Office to ensure that the building is managed in accordance with our principles of best practice in ethical property management. The Facilities Manager reports to the Centre Manager.
Key responsibilities of the Property Service Facilities Manager:
- Compliance with Health & Safety: carry out H&S checks, PPM checks
- Line management of a small team of Facilities support assistants - managing day to day work of the facilities team, regular staff supervision, lead & develop & motivate staff.
- Room set ups - including AV & info technology in conference and meeting rooms
- Carrying out or assisting/supervising the FA team small maintenance tasks
- Building improvements & maintenance - PPM checks, keeping up to date maintenance & service records, build strong relationships with contractors
- Communications - acting as a point of contact for tenants to report maintenance & other building related issues.
- Undertaking the building related aspects of tenant moves
Who are we looking for: This is a busy, demanding and ‘hands on’ role that will require a ‘can do’ attitude by the successful applicant.
Essential skills and experience
- You have experience of commercial facilities / property management;
- You have experience of managing health and safety within the workplace;
- You have experience of managing expenditure and approving invoices;
- You are computer literate with good working knowledge of Word, Outlook and Excel;
- You have some knowledge and a strong interest in the social and environmental performance of buildings, particularly in relation to energy and water use, recycling, green commuting and accessibility;
- You can cope well under pressure, can multitask and can adapt to changing circumstances;
- You have good organisational and time management skills and can prioritise effectively;
- You are a confident starter-finisher with an eye for detail;
- You are a problem-solver, able to use your own initiative in finding pragmatic solutions; this will involve some hands-on work;
- You are confident in supervising others, but also lead though example;
- You are personable, able to establish a good rapport quickly and establish trust on the long term;
- You maintain a professional standard of presentation and communication with colleagues and tenants at all times;
- You are a good team worker.
Desirable skills and experience
- You have experience of working for a social enterprise or environmental organisation;
- You can demonstrate the ability to negotiate cost savings in purchasing with a view to delivering the best available deal on services to tenants;
- You have experience of managing and motivating staff;
- You have a property-related qualification (NEBOSH/IOSH/RICS qualification or be a member of the BIFM or evidence of equivalent skills)
Hours & Salary on offer:
- 37.5 hrs per wk, Monday to Friday between 8am to 6pm. (some flexibility required according to needs of the business, with some occasional weekend work)
- Permanent position
- Salary - £35 - £37k per annum depending on experience with benefits including 25 days holiday entitlement pro-rata including all statutory bank holidays.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position then apply here with your most up to date CV. For more details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org