Do you have experience as a Head Housekeeper working in hotels, residential homes, hospitals and student accommodation with high cleaning quality standards?
We, at Catch 22, are looking for an experienced Head Housekeeper to work in a student accommodation located in New Cross - South London .
We are looking for someone who will manage their time between coordinating staff and contractors for completing scheduled cleans, managing the standards and snagging the cleans delivered and supporting with the physical cleaning itself.
The role is to start ASAP on an ongoing temp basis for a minimum of 2 months, that could lead to a permanent position for the right candidate. This is a great opportunity for someone who is immediately available and looking to get back into work.
Job purposes of the Head Housekeeper :
What you will be doing:
- To manage all aspects of staff engagement and coordinate internal staff and 3rd party contractors responsible for cleaning rooms
- To manage the standards and snagging the cleans delivered by staff and contractors
- To participate in the provision of an efficient and effective cleaning service to maintain a pleasant and clean living environment for employees, students, and, visitors.
- To Perform a variety of cleaning activities such as sweeping, mopping, dusting and polishing
- Use of cleaning products in order to achieve and maintain high cleaning standards in line with service level requirements to a hotel standard guest rooms
- Adhere strictly to rules regarding health and safety and be aware of any company-related practices
The Ideal Candidate:
- To be responsible, reliable, committed and to have clear and transparent communication.
- Previous housekeeping or cleaning experience (required)
- Excellent organizational and team management skills
- Fantastic attention to detail and meticulous use of proper safety procedures
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-directed and motivated
- Working on luxury retail, student accommodation or hotel environment
- To have a Basic DBS within the last 12 months or willing to be put through one
- Customer service trained (desirable but not mandatory)
Hours and Salary for the Head Housekeeper :
- 37.5 hours per week , from 09.00am to 17.00pm
- Salary : from £14.50 per hour
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Non-UK residents must ensure they hold valid immigration status which allows them to work. Do not apply until you have obtain permission to work or cannot prove your right to work and valid immigration status.
If you have a passion for cleaning, fantastic attention to detail, enjoy managing and supporting your staff then this could be the right role for you, apply here or for further details, please contact Gaelle on 020 7220 8900