Our client a secondary education establishment are looking to appoint a new Catering Manager to provide an efficient, high quality and cost effective catering service.
Core responsibilities include:
- To oversee food production including menu planning, food preparation, portion control, presentation and service to the highest standards including planning and supervising the preparation and cooking of meals.
- To ensure all catering operations are conducted according to appropriate food safety policies and procedures.
- To manage catering stock, minimising waste by good storage and stock rotation, and carry out periodic stock checks.
- To contribute to catering related competitive tender processes and act as contract manager to catering suppliers.
- To take part in the recruitment and training of staff.
- To establish kitchen procedures and train and guide staff appropriately.
- Use IT facilities as required to manage all aspects of catering provision.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to manage the academy cashless catering service.
- Organisation and management of vending operations as appropriate.
- To operate flexibly to ensure hospitality is provided as and when required for functions including open evenings, parent evenings and celebrations.
- Monitor, review and evaluate the catering provision to the academy.
- Supervise and deploy all catering staff to ensure the efficient organisation of the catering service.
- Ensure cleaning on a daily basis to all catering and eating areas.
Successful Catering Managers candidates will have a Supervisory Food Hygiene Certificate, NVQ Level 3 in Food Preparation as well as previous experience overseeing catering services, ideally within education or the public sector. Holding a Health & Safety qualification would also be beneficial.
As this role is in education the successful applicant will have to work during term time plus 10 additional days. For this the client offer their Catering Manager a salary of £25,234 per annum.