Our client a National Facilities Management provider is currently looking for a Building Services Operative for one of their client Education site based in Surbiton, London KT5
Job summary of the Building Services Operative:
The role of the Building Services Operative (BSO) is to undertake duties concerned with the maintenance (according to the certified skill set), care, cleanliness and security of the premises – both internally and externally, so as to ensure a safe and satisfactory environment for all who use the premises and grounds.
The post holder will be expected to provide a comprehensive and responsive maintenance service (according to certified skill set) across the site. This will involve close liaise with internal and external site teams and Clients.
Key responsibilities of the Building Services Operative:
- Carry out minor repairs such as general carpentry, plumbing, painting, re-glazing, unblocking sinks, changing locks, changing light bulbs, replacing tap washers, easing doors, to be undertaken without compromising the health and safety of the post holder or others.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the grounds are kept free of litter and debris.
- Empty external refuse bins and ensure that the bin areas are kept clean.
- Responsible for cleaning and removing debris from all surface drains, gullies, manholes and grease traps.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance in accordance with schedules and using a handheld PDA if required.
- Ensure at all times that work is carried out with full attention to health and safety policies and procedures.
- Report any accidents, trips, spills, hazards or near misses in accordance with procedures and guidance.
- Ensure that areas of work (workshops etc) are at all times maintained in a health and safe manner.
- Pro-actively report any areas for repair as and when they are identified and/or notified.
- Where required, supervise and direct the work of specialist sub-contractors.
- Where required, be responsible for the completion and issue of Permit to Works.
- Complete time sheets and any other relevant forms in accordance with deadlines and guidance.
- Undertake stock taking and reporting as required and maintain accurate records of stock levels.
- Where required, carry out minor administrative tasks.
- Consistently deliver demonstrable high-quality services to our Service Users.
- Regular liaison with site occupiers/Service User.
- Report any issue immediately that may affect the Service User/service of the site.
- Ensure set deadlines, response times etc. are achieved.
- That the GFM Health and Safety Plan and applicable client safety arrangements are adhered to and where concern with such arrangements come to light, that these are communicated upwardly within the organization.
- Not to interfere with any item provided for safety, ensure areas are kept clean and tidy and to work in a safe, responsible manner.
- To report accidents, near misses, faulty tools, faulty equipment, faulty PPE or any other known hazards that if inadvertently left, gives rise to a hazard.
- To use PPE, tools, equipment and substances in line with safe systems of work and the relevant risk assessments, and to see guidance where they are unsure, or lack training required.
- To attend Health and Safety training/toolbox talks and to implement the core elements learned, into their daily work practices.
- Participates in the out of hours, on call duty rota – attending as required during allocated shift.
- Role model company values at all times.
Hours & Salary of the Building Services Operative:
- Standard 37.5 hrs per week
- Monday to Friday
- Basic up to £12.00 per hr - plus overtime (2 compulsory weekends per yr)
- £100 on call per week (1 in 4)
If you feel this is the job for you please apply here or for more details contact Jeanette on either 07570345315 or email email@example.com