We are currently working with an established academies trust looking to appoint a Site Manager in Ripon. This is a permanent position working 37 hours per week all year round.
Site Manager responsibilities include:
- Supervise the site and cleaning team and meet regularly with the Business Manager to ensure effective communication within the team, distributing tasks within the Facilities team according to skill level and availability;
- Check site regularly (at least weekly) for any potential Health and Safety issues, taking corrective action where necessary and complete risk assessments in relation to any findings.
- Ensure accurate records are kept of all work carried out, including fire and water safety checks and monitor and check energy and water consumption to ensure efficiency;
- Manage the academy minibus procedures and ensure that all checks have been undertaken;
- Ensure all contractors visiting the site are fully inducted on health and safety procedures, relevant risk assessments and provided with the Asbestos register;
- Monitor cleanliness of site, internal and external, and ensure standards of cleanliness are met.
- Manage all site related issues in the case of an emergency or site closure. Ensure that site is made accessible as quickly and efficiently as possible with minimum disruption to staff and students.
- Opening/closing of academy premises, including for the purpose of lettings, functions, maintenance and emergency services as required;
- Ensure the correct checking of alarms and fire equipment and emergency procedures.
- Oversee the building maintenance system and provide the Business Manager with recommended solutions to building issues;
- Manage the resolution of any minor repairs or work requiring external contractor intervention;
- Be responsible for implementing and recording a robust programme for the Portable Appliance Testing of all electrical (with the exception if ICT equipment) equipment in designated areas, ensuring Health and Safety legislation is followed.
The ideal Site Manager will have previous experience in site management preferably within education. Having a health & safety qualification such as IOSH would also be beneficial.
For this the client are offering a salary of £27,500 per annum to their Site Manager with progression to just over £30,000.