Our client an 'Outstanding' Secondary school based in Bermondsey in the heart of London is currently looking to recruit a permanent Senior Administrator.
Hours & Salary:
37.5 hrs per week
£ 23,971.00 per annum plus benefits.
Purpose of role:
To support the smooth running of the administration office and wider academy. You will work within the schools Admin Office with a particular focus on Admissions and clerking to the Governing Body.
|Main Areas of Responsibility
Areas of Responsibility Improving Admissions
- Administration of Year 6 admissions into the Academy
- Main point of contact for Admissions, Open Evening, Transition and other student Induction events, with parents, students, staff and Local Authority Admissions Team
- Administration of Open Mornings and Evenings, including arranging publicity.
- Attending Open Evening to assist in the event and to give advice to parents on our Admissions Procedure.
- To be a key point of contact for the Academy’s uniform supplier.
- Keeping up to date with new Admissions Regulations and policies.
- Co-ordination of appeals.
- Taking and responding to telephone enquiries.
- Administration of In-Year admissions in to the Academy
- Maintaining Waiting List for all years.
- Contact previous/current schools for information regarding applicants
- Informal meeting with Parents/Students to discuss admission
- Writing offer letters
- Developing and implementing protocols for In-Year Admissions
- Ensuring smooth induction and first days
- Communication with Faculty Directors, pastoral staff regarding new admissions
- Aiding with off-rolling and transferring files for leavers in line with the Federation and Statutory procedures
- Assisting with the transfer and receipt of student files (including SEND and Safeguarding records
|Qualifications & Experience
- Ability to relate well to children and young people
- Flexibility and ability to respond to multiple demands and to prioritise
- Ability to work well with colleagues and parents
- High level of adaptability to changing demands
- Work constructively as part of a team
- Ability to plan and organise work to meet varying deadlines
- Ability to work on own and take initiative Strong written and verbal communication skills Basic training in one or more of the following
- Delivering a high-quality service
- Range of general administrative duties
- Good ICT skills and experience, including Word, Excel, and management information systems
- Working with children of relevant age (11-19)
Education & Qualifications
- Good standard of general education, including literacy and numeracy skills
- High degree of professionalism towards role
- High level of initiative and enthusiasm
- Calm and steady manner
- Strong commitment to education and young people
The Academy is committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and they expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references.
If you have administration experience within a schools environment or wish further details on this role then please send your most up dated CV directly to email@example.com