Catch 22 are currently working with a Facilities Management company who are currently looking for a Permanent Maintenance Technician to work within a hospital environment within the Otley area, Leeds.
- M&E fault finding small electrical and plumbing jobs, E.g general plumbing work, statutory inspection and testing of other mechanical and electrical services, managing of minor works projects.
- General building maintenance including painting, unblocking drains/toilets, wall washing, small joinery repairs etc
- Pricing up minor work jobs and obtaining quotations for materials
- Assist in the fulfilment of health and safety responsibilities within the project facilities.
- Provide general support duties and other reasonable requests when required.
- Ensure the operation of heating plant, fire alarm systems and lighting systems.
- Carry out AP duties
- Grounds maintenance including litter picking, emptying bins, salting footpaths & snow clearing.
- M&E maintenance including HVAC service and repairs
- Legionella control work
- Working 1 week in 3
- 24hrs a day including weekends and bank holidays.
- Occasional cover for sick/annual leave/staff absences
What are we looking for?
- Maintain and inspect plant and equipment including but not exclusive to AHUs and ventilation systems, fire doors, emergency lighting, automatic doors, sanitary ware all according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Experience of electrical/mechanical maintenance, testing & fault finding on a variety of equipment including, plumbing, DWHS, CWS,ventilation systems, pumps, switchgear, cables, batteries, small power and lighting.
- Ability to read, understand and diagnose electrical faults utilising as-installed electrical drawings, as installed schedules, contract specifications and equipment.
- Identify spare parts to carry out repairs and order through appropriate channels
- Carry out installation and modification of electrical installations in accordance with 1989 Electricity at Work regulations.
- Ensuring all tasks are completed within the contractual time scales.
- Liaison and supervision of subcontractors in relation to method statement risk assessment and safe execution of works.
- Monitor and order stock for related items