Our client a top independent school based in Hampstead, London is looking for a Permanent full time Deputy Site Services Manager to start asap.
The school is fully committed to the welfare and safeguarding of children. All applications for this post must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and a full Disclosure and Barring check.
- To ensure that the school's facilities across all sites are maintained to a high standard, taking into account health and safety, security and the requirement to properly prepare/cover for regular and ad hoc school events.
- To manage the caretaking team (4 full-time staff, occasional casual staff).
- To deputise for the Site Services Manager when he is unavailable.
- To open and close the School's buildings as required
- To manage the caretaking team, under the direction of the Site Services Manager
- In the absence of the Site Services Manager, to manage Access Control.
- To prepare all facilities, including those for external hires, to required standards
- To coordinate with the Cleaning team regarding tasks that require both teams, and provide reciprocal additional support to the Cleaning team where required.
- To participate in the physical movement of equipment and furniture within the school as required
- To participate in the whole-school requirement to ensure that only authorised adults access school sites, especially within safeguarded hours (8am-5.45pm)
- To ensure that all goods delivered to the organisation are directed to the appropriate place, and to check and sign for deliveries when required
- To keep the school and grounds tidy
- To undertake minor repair work on school equipment where safe and within your capabilities. Training will be provided as required
- To ensure that Health & Safety requirements are met including assisting the Site Services Manager in keeping paperwork up to date where necessary (for example, weekly fire alarm checks, ensuring that fire escapes are kept free of clutter, weekly vehicle checks)
- To provide general assistance as directed by the Site Services Manager
- To provide cover on weekends based on a rota system
- To monitor the automated maintenance helpdesk on a daily basis, including allocating tasks to the caretaking team
- Driving the School’s vehicles where required.
Key skills required:
- Previous caretaking experience
- Current driving licence
- Flexibility, “can-do” attitude, willing to go the extra mile to ensure tasks are completed on time
- Previous line management experience is desirable but not essential. More important is the ability to gain respect whilst working as part of a team.
- Basic computer skills – use of Word and Excel, comfortable with accessing standard software packages (for instance, the automated maintenance logging package)
- Permanent, Full Time, 40 hours per week
- 7am – 4pm (including an hour for lunch) Monday – Friday.
- Flexibility will be required dependent on operational needs. Weekend cover (once a month) will be required.
The salary for the post will be £30,000 per annum. Beneﬁts include a contributory staﬀ pension scheme, interest-free housing and season ticket loans, discounted use of the on-site gym facilities and free lunches.