Job type: Permanent
Hours: Split shift 5am – 7.30am & 3.30 – 6.00pm, Monday to Friday
Salary: £14,790 - £15,058
Catch 22 is on the look-out for a Cleaning Supervisor on behalf a happy and highly successful inner-city London School based in Greenwich. This is a fantastic opportunity for any experienced Cleaning Supervisor looking for Permanent cleaning position, able to line manage 10 cleaners, and is also happy to carry out a split shift as mentioned above.
Your Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsibility for opening/closing all buildings and operating security systems as required.
- Supervision and deployment of cleaning operatives to provide the standards and frequencies specified.
- Arranging adequate cover arrangements to ensure cleaning standards maintained.
- Daily completion of monitoring report forms.
- To ensure that signing in and out records are accurate and completed daily.
- Responsibility for the monitoring, distribution and ordering of cleaning materials in conjunction with the Premises Manager.
- Responsible for the management of cleaning equipment/machinery, including checking that machinery is in a safe condition, reporting any defects to the Premises Manager and that equipment is used efficiently throughout the site.
- Maintaining a machinery maintenance log.
- Preparing and undertaking training programmes for cleaning staff and completing induction training for new staff.
- Preparation of annual leave rota/plan for year.
- Preparation of school holiday cleaning programmes.
- Maintaining COSHH chemical records and Health and Safety files.
- Completion of sickness reporting and punctuality reports to HR / Office Manager.
- Completing sickness reviews for line managed staff.
- Undertaking emergency cover cleaning duties as required.
- Undertaking other duties to the needs of the service as required.
- To carry out all duties with due regard to Equal Opportunities Policies.
Ideal Candidate -Your Skills & Abilities
- To be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to lead and inspire & to prioritise and manage your own time effectively
- Achieve challenging goals
- Take responsibility for your own professional development
- Personal impact and presence.
- Adaptability to changing circumstances and new ideas
- Energy, vigour and perseverance
- Highest possible expectations of self and others Self-confidence
- Enthusiasm Reliability, loyalty and integrity
- Commitment and determination to succeed
- Ability to self-manage and overcome setbacks
- An excellent record of attendance and punctuality
- Keen to apply for an Enhanced DBS.
If you have a minimum of three years' Cleaning supervising experience, you are confident that you can manage 10 Cleaners, have administrative skills, are confident of your cleaning knowledge in terms of cleaning methods and techniques and you are COSHH procedures knowledgeable, don't hesitate to apply now - and I shall be in touch with you shortly after.
Please note: DBS is not required at this point – however should you be offered the position, this will be subject to a clear Enhanced DBS / police check.