Technical Manager - UK Wide, location flexible, to £60k plus car and full package
Our client, an FM services company with TFM contracts with MOD and NHS clients, is looking to strengthen their technical services management team with a UK Technical Manager (Electrical and Mechanical). The TM will be the focal point and set the requirements for the organisation’s electrical and mechanical systems safety, compliance, and technical management.
The successful individual can be based anywhere in the UK.
UK wide travel will be required.
• Undertaking the roles and responsibilities of the Authorising Engineer.
• Take ownership, authorisation, development, implementation, administration, and monitoring of the ESR (Electrical Safety Rules) and B&PS-SR (Boilers and Pressure Systems Safety Rules)
• Maintenance of the ESR, B&PS-SR and working practices to ensure compliance with legislative, regulatory, or other requirements.
• Ensuring that any amendments to the ESR and B&PS-SR are brought to the attention of, and are understood by, operations management, all FM Authorised Persons (AP), Responsible Persons (RP) and Mobile Engineers / Technicians.
• Maintaining the identity and importance of the ESR and B&PS-SR within the wider business.
• Undertaking annual audits of all appointed Authorised Persons.
• Develop and implement an audit process to monitor the standards and performance of electrical and mechanical compliance requirements within FM operations
• Be the focal point for the operations teams in matters of electrical and mechanical safety and compliance and provide them with technical support and guidance
• Working with procurement staff to assist in the vetting of FM supply chain partners.
• Supporting operations management in the recruitment process for electrical and mechanical system Engineers / Technicians
• Liaising with key internal and external stakeholders for related safe systems of work (SSOW’s) including Medical Gasses and Confined Spaces.
• Monitoring, developing and / or assisting in the electrical and mechanical training for AP, RP, and Mobile Engineers / Technicians.
• Supporting operations management in areas of quality management including assisting in client technical questionnaires and maintaining related Company certification and membership requirements e.g., NICEIC.
Who are we looking for?
Ideally the UK Technical Manager should have:
• Degree qualified in a suitable engineering discipline
• A registered Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer (the latter with at least 10 years of work experience).
• An electrical and mechanical building services engineer / manager with at least 10 years works experience at a senior level
• An AE (Electrical and / or Mechanical) who has ideally worked on the MOD or NHS Estate
• A member of a recognised engineering institute e.g., CIBSE
• Attended appropriate AE and AP training courses in the last 3 years
• Lead auditor trained
• Experienced in using MS Office
Our client can offer additional training and development and a solid career path.