We are currently working with a school in Leeds City Centre that is looking for a Caretaker to support the day to day operations of the facilities on a temporary basis.
Core responsibilities in the role include:
- Support with the maintaining of the building, carrying out all necessary repairs and improvements.
- Support the Site Manager, to manage, schedule, monitor and operate the engineering system for the entire site, including all aspects of the heating maintenance.
- Liaise with external partners and contractors in respect of buildings works.
- To support the management and operation of site security systems, including opening and closing of the building.
- To maintain and monitor Risk Assessment standards.
Applicants require previous experience working in building maintenance, ideally within the education sector, having exposure to specific specialist maintenance such as joinery, electrical work or plumbing would be advantageous.
The successful applicant will work 37 hours per week from Monday to Friday with the occasional Sunday morning, on a shift pattern. As this work is within the education sector, applicants must have, or be willing to be put through, an Enhanced DBS check upon starting in the position.
For this the client offers a pay of £11.56 per hour.