We are currently looking for a Front of Hours & Office Assistant for our client (primarily Healthcare) for an ongoing temporary position to start ASAP based in North West London.
As a member of the general office team, the Front of House and Office Assistant will provide a service to all callers, visitors, patients and staff. The postholder will ensure that all Trust users receive an efficient, polite and helpful response at all times. The postholder will provide support to the General Office Manager and will provide cover to the receptionists and front desk staff as and when required. The postholder will provide induction and training to other support staff on reception procedures.
- Answer all incoming telephone calls to the Trust and direct them on in an efficient and professional manner.
- Refer any general enquiries/calls requiring assistance to, respectively, the General Office Manager and the Reception and Security Manager according to the subject matter.
- Provide internal telephone callers with an effective and efficient service, including access to appropriate outward telephone call facilities and provision of information on telephone handset features.
- Refer any telephony equipment faults and problems to the General Office Manager.
- Establish effective communication links with departments to ensure the information on staff and services is up to date and available to callers.
- Provide cover at main reception as and when required, in order to cover but not restricted to sickness absence, training and/or annual leave.
- Provide support to the General Office Manager during busy periods and/or as instructed by the General Office Manager provide support to front desk operations.
- Pay patients’ travel costs whilst the general office is busy or closed, in case of out of office hours, staff sickness and annual leave.
- Photocopying/scanning/binding/incoming and outgoing post/issuing prescription pads to Tavistock and Portman clinicians and other general office duties.
- Handle enquiries from patients, with guidance available from line manager if required.
- Process patient data on computerised patient appointment system at reception when patients arrive.
- Have knowledge of reception practice, procedures and associated systems acquired through experience and training.
- Broad general education to A/O level or equivalent experience
- GCSE English at grade C or above
- Reception Work
- Telephone Work
- Switchboard Operation
- Office Administration
- Financial systems, including receiving and banking cash, cheques, petty cash procedures
Skills & Knowledge:
- Advanced computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Must be able to train and induct staff in various procedures and activities
- Good communication skills
- Good proficiency in written and fluent English language
- Punctual and Reliable
- Able to follow clear instruction and work positively as part of a team
- Organised and demonstrates ownership of issues and follow through
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise work schedules alongside reactive work
- The ability to form positive relationships with colleagues and other staff
- The ability to work as part of a team and to promote harmonious working relationships by recognising that everyone has a contribution to make
- Accountability – Takes responsibility for own actions and promotes good team working
- Openness – Shares information and good practice appropriately
- Mutual respect – Treats others with courtesy and respect at all times
- Enhanced DBS - you must either have an Enhanced DBS within the last 12mths or be willing to be put through immediately one.
- Covid vaccination - by 1st April MUST be fully vaccinated - evidence will be required
- Register fully with Catch 22 agency - required as this is an ongoing temporary position
Salary & hours:
- 37.5 hrs per week
- Mon - Fri 7.5 hrs per day
- Pay £12.38 per hr
If you’re looking for a new role select APPLY NOW or for more information call Jeanette on 07570345315 / 0207 220 8900