Our client an Independent Secondary School in Battersea, South West London is currently looking for an ongoing temporary Facilities Operative with an Enhanced DBS already in place. This is a full time 40 hr working week with paid overtime if required. This is an ongoing position with a review of becoming permanent for the right candidate.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
To undertake minor maintenance, deliveries, events setups and other Estates related activities across the School estate. To ensure all routine tasks are undertaken as described and records are completed accurately and in full. To constantly assess and report on the condition of the Estate and act upon urgent needs to ensure a safe environment for all.
KEY SKILLS AND REQUIRMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- To be able to effectively manage key areas of responsibility listed within this job description without the need for close supervision.
- To effectively prioritise work and maintain accurate records, including using a computer to communicate and record work detail.
- The post holder must have good communication skills, both verbal and written
- The post holder will work well, both as part of a team, and on their own initiative.
- The post holder will to be well organised, efficient, motivated and reliable.
- The post holder will be able to effectively work with and advise the Estates management team and all other School stakeholders effectively and appropriately.
- The post holder must comply with all Policies, Procedures, Legislative requirements and reasonable requests made by the Estates management team.
- The post holder is required to be in good health as will be required to undertake a number of physical activities such as carrying and moving heavy items.
- The post holder should actively seek support and development as required to meet the requirements of the role to add further value to the Estates team and departments overall performance. The School will consider supporting any training and development needs if it is likely to improve the Estates department performance and efficiency.
- 40 hrs per week (overtime paid)
- Monday to Friday - one day a weekend occasional is desirable but not essential
- Shift patterns (rota given in advance): 6am - 3pm, 7am - 4pm or 9am - 6pm
Pay: £12.00 - £14.00 per hour depending on experience.