Our client a Corporate organisation based in Central London is currently looking for a full time permanent AV Services Technician, who will be responsible for the delivery and support of the firm's AV Services provision.
Purpose of the role:
To be responsible for the delivery of comprehensive, efficient and error free service provision that meets the needs of the firm, covering both internal / external clients within client facing and internal meeting and training rooms within the London Head Office.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To identify areas of improvement and achieve the optimum balance and integration of service across the offices, devising and implementing appropriate changes whilst ensuring client needs are fully met.
- Configure, test, monitor, and troubleshoot teleconferencing equipment, multimedia devices, televisions, monitors, projectors, recording equipment, speaker sets, digital cameras/camcorders, and other presentation equipment for meetings and events dealing with all technical aspects.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, alerts and/or e-mails regarding AV software/hardware problems within recognised timeframes.
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex AV hardware problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair as needed.
- Document instances of AV equipment failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Build and maintain a spare parts inventory for all AV equipment.
- Handle incoming booking requests for AV equipment and setup in conjunction with the Advanced Bookings team.
- Troubleshoot AV issues using the appropriate testing tools; make basic repairs as necessary.
- Tag or label AV equipment owned by the organization; periodically audit inventories to mitigate risk of damage or theft.
- Support as required to produce, dub, edit, and copy all AV media, uploading this to Vimeo and the local Intranet.
- Develop effective external/internal client relationships, acting as the key point of contact, initially meeting and discussing AV/VC requirements, organising and preparing equipment and presentation proceedings, supporting such presentations as required, trouble shooting defects and providing first line breakdown and basic maintenance support of AV equipment.
- Develop opportunities within the AV Services to add value, working closely with Facilities team and support departments and suppliers as required.
- Provide on-going training to internal staff and assist with preparing training material.
Qualifications & Relevant Experience:
- Preferably qualified to NVQ level 3/ONC (or equivalent) in a relevant technical discipline.
- Previous practical experience in an AV or IT/communications environment.
- Advanced understanding and technical competence of current telecommunications technology, with specific reference to VoIP and unified messaging technologies
- Knowledge of desktop operating systems and application deployment techniques
- Understanding and ability to support telephone systems, mobile connectivity /communications, programming and operation
- Technical understanding and ability to fault find and problem solve various types of video conferencing and general AV hardware/kit in meeting rooms
Hours of Work:
Shift rota between 07.00 - 19.00, 35 hours per week Monday to Friday. Some out of hours & weekend work (flexibility required)
In return our client is offering a salary of £34,000.00 per annum