We are looking for a School Site manager to work with a large Secondary School in Doncaster. This is initially a temporary position but could become permanent for the right applicant. The role would be working 37.5 hours per week 52 weeks per year.
Core responsibilities of the role include:
- Supervise the site and cleaning team and meet regularly with the Business Manager to ensure effective communication within the team, distributing tasks within the Facilities team according to skill level and availability.
- Check site regularly (at least weekly) for any potential Health and Safety issues, taking corrective action where necessary. Complete risk assessments in relation to any concerns on site and take any corrective actions where necessary.
- Ensure accurate records are kept of all work carried out, including fire and water safety checks; liaise with Business Manager or Principal over prioritising work to be done;
- Manage the academy minibus procedures and ensure that all checks have been undertaken;
- Monitor and check energy and water consumption to ensure efficiency;
- Ensure all contractors visiting the site are fully inducted on health and safety procedures, relevant risk assessments and provided with the Asbestos register;
- Manage all site related issues in the case of an emergency or site closure. Ensure that site is made accessible as quickly and efficiently as possible with minimum disruption to staff and students.
- Opening and closing of academy premises, including for the purpose of lettings, functions, maintenance and emergency services as required;
- Ensure the correct checking of alarms and fire equipment and emergency procedures.
- Oversee the building maintenance system and provide the Business Manager with recommended solutions to building issues;
- Manage the resolution of any minor repairs or work requiring external contractor intervention;
- Check and control system functions, regularly check heating system, with due regard to appropriate safety requirements, report all defects to qualified heating engineer.
- Be responsible for implementing and recording a robust programme for the Portable Appliance Testing of all electrical (with the exception if ICT equipment) equipment in designated areas, ensuring Health and Safety legislation is followed.
- Be responsible for implementing and recording a robust risk management programme of Legionella, including risk assessment and testing/monitoring.
Ideal candidates will have previous experience working within a school environment and hold facilities health and safety qualification such as IOSH or NEBOSH. Candidates must also possess strong facilities management experience and good IT skills to be successful in this role.
For this the client is offering a salary of £27,000 per annum paid at £14.00 per hour during the temporary assignment.